The CarePlace for Douglas County Residents exists for those patients who do not have private health insurance and cannot afford to pay for healthcare in the private sector. Endeavoring to treat the whole patient, The CarePlace provides medical care, health education, and select social services to all of its patients who meet our requirements. The CarePlace is staffed by volunteers and medical services are provided at no cost to those who qualify.
The CarePlace was birthed out of an expressed need by hundreds of people who used The Pantry. It was heard repeatedly, “It was a choice this week to either feed my family or go to the doctor.” The catalyst for this free medical clinic came in the donation of a 7,500 square foot mortgage free medical building. God has blessed The CarePlace with partnerships with Wellstar Douglas and Kaiser Permanente and volunteers of licensed medical professionals and many others.
- To be the most loving healthcare facility in our community!
- The CarePlace exists to provide free but quality healthcare to the working poor of Douglas County. Our call is to touch the hurting with Jesus’ love and compassion.
- Compassion and Respect for every patient
- Team members will demonstrate through their behavior, words and lifestyle a deepening faith that is expressed in love
- Volunteers will believe that their time has been effectively and efficiently spent in their service to our patients and our savior.
- Services delivered will be of the highest possible quality, reflecting the importance of who we serve.
- Our donors will sense that we are being good stewards of the resources they have entrusted to us.
Who We Are
Volunteer Medical Director
Dr. James Lantz
Board of Directors
Dave Divine, Chairman
James Lantz, M.D.